Sunday, August 09, 2009

Friendship: In English











The last post was me sorting. What I know right now is this: I am overwhelmed with Friendship in my life. In my early years there were friendships that were built for eternity and everything in between. But as youth faded I became lonely for the first time, as every friendship ran shallower than those early ones, and faster - more transitory all together. But as I take a moment's pause now I see true Friendship in many faces - more than I ever could have asked for. Three in particular that have become part of me, our beings are now inextricable from one another. They are unexpected to most, comic to some. They have arisen without invitation nor expectation, but their roots have wound and bound me.

And now I am leaving this place. I know that transplanting Friendships is much more difficult than the rarest plant, and more painful. I know the roots remain, the seeds, the flower, but that our ground will no longer be shared brings tears of sorrow. I find myself desiring winter, so we can all freeze in this moment - but alas, the sun in shining out my window, beckoning autumnal change.

So, in English: I am scrambling for each and every moment here, to encase memories in impenetrable timelessness. And I am sorrowful. For the first time in my life, it hurts to leave.

our sad *cheers*

2 comments:

Phil said...

MMMM, this sounds like the end of the field season when comrade in arms gather for the last bash before departing to other horizons and/or the next school term. Silly us thinking that we toil to achieve a certain goal or objective when really the significant achievements are the relationships we forge in the process. God is glorified in these relationships and He will bless you when paths cross again sometimes when one least expects it.

Pilgrim said...

Thank you, Phil. I do look forward to the unexpected path-crossing in the future!